Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Reading Life

    Many people would say that a person who reads is an educated person, and if one doesn't read then he truly isn't educated.  Before this year, my junior year, I would have turbantly gave a tirade selling myself as an educated person who used books as placemats more often than reaing from them, but after reading every day of every week, I've lerned just how far I was from being educated. With that knowledge I also learned more about who I am as a reader, my stengths and weaknesses, and what steps I need to take to improve as a reader.Surprisingly, when I read for long periods of time it was much like training for a marathon because I had to go through the same process of a runner.
    As my endurance increased I accumulated a greater knowledge of just how far I could go before reaching my breaking point. When I first started my reading journey I was reading, disappointingly, only two books per year, but now I've read three books in the span of only nine weeks. Obviously, the amount of books I've read is increasing at a rate much faster than years prior to this one, but that's not my only area or improvement. Now reading so quickly I could be mistaken for swiftly skimming through a book, I am able to breeze through a book without incessantly stuttering due to my mental vocabulary being broadened. Although I struggle with staying awake when reading, I have planned to increase my reading goal to 20 books per year. In order to do this, I must read on the weekends, like I've been doing, and also during the weekdays. All in all if I keep up my training toward my own personal marathon, I will be able to read an amount five times greater than the most challeneging book I've read, "the devil wears prada"

4 comments:

  1. Your higher level vocabulary is impressive! Keep reading and growing as a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice photo of you with that book, Alexia. You are right: the more you read, the greater your endurance and your development as an educated person. I wish you would have given more details here. What other books have you read? Also, be sure to spell check. You've got several errors that impede your meaning.
    4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is your book trailer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the higher vocabulary you used, but I wonder if you could have described the books you have read. Also if you could have been more descriptive with the type of books that you've read.

    ReplyDelete