Wednesday, January 14, 2015

#One Little Word

#One Little Word

"I will succeed in anything I set my mind to"...

The quote above is nothing more than a statement, but we can turn it into so much more with a little bit of effort. If we are willing to do EVERYTHING it takes to achieve a goal, we can transform such an insignificant statement into the catalyst that drives us closer to success.  With AMBITION, we naturally pick up every other quality necessary to achieve success. Because ambition is "a strong desire to do or to achieve something", if we truly have ambition initiative, perseverance, and persistence will follow. I've experienced all the pain when there are barriers preventing me from success  and I've also experienced all the gratification after overcoming the barriers when I was only in middle school. Ever since I was un nina, I knew that learning spanish would give me an edge over my competition in any industry I chose to join. Therefor when I was in sixth grade I started a long complicated journey toward being bilingual. As a sixth grader with no friends or family in spanish I had to go through a long process of guessing the meanings of words and attempting to use them correctly. Of course being so young with an undeveloped brain, I made mistakes and even had to face criticism from native spanish speakers who laughed at my incorrect grammar and use of words. Because of my dedication I was able to become bilingual by the time I reached eighth grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment